Saturday, July 17, 2010

i love just two things- everyone and television

the thing about getting better is that now i have to start accounting for what i do and say and get out of bed because i'm not sick i'm just depressed.

i never felt like i fit until i started being everyone's best friend. i crash coursed myself into the center of things without ever actually feeling comfortable and accepted and exhaling. if i had sat still i would have noticed that i still didn't match anyone. and i probably never will.

especially now that i add all these hyphenates to myself. girl-waitress-DJ-writer-singer-...cancer survivor... mother. and not just any mother, Max's mother. so just when i was almost convinced i was like anyone, that my fur might fit in with a pack,

... i realize i am luminous. sticking out like a sore thumb again.

5 comments:

  1. (I'm putting this in perenths because it is a quiet comment...

    Why would you ever want to fit in? You are so much more real!!!! I agree with luminous, not with sore thumb. You're the bomb, deal with it!)

    When do you want to come on the radio?!?!?! I promise you will have fun. Tell me when you're free, any time !

    Luv,
    Smog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assimilation is futile to misquote Star Trek: Next Generation. Fitting in is not something that Dad did well either. And thank God!!!!!!!! You are a joy and a wonder. Celebrate that wonder always. Huge hugs! Your New Jersey sister, La

    ReplyDelete
  3. but this is the part of you that I've always loved most.
    sincerely,
    h.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its why you and I are so perfect for one another. Neither one of us fits in with anyone, so we fit in with each other.

    ReplyDelete